• slide1 redo
  • slide2
  • slide3
  • slide4
  • slide5

Who Pays My Medical Bills and Lost Wages After an Accident?


After an automobile accident, one of our primary concerns is making sure that you get all of the medical treatment that you need regardless of insurance coverage.

In Florida, drivers are required to carry a minimum of $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) Insurance.  Florida is a no fault state, meaning your insurance company will pay for your medical bill regardless of who was at fault for the accident.  Personal Injury Protection insurance pays 80% of your medical bills and 60% of your lost wages.  An attorney will often negotiate to reduce or eliminate your remaining 20% balance left over after PIP payments.  Following an automobile accident, your insurance carrier will send you a PIP packet which you will need to fill out and return to them.  The PIP packet will include a lost wage form that will need to be filled out by your employer and submitted to your insurance carrier.  The packet will also include a mileage reimbursement form.  PIP will reimburse you for the mileage to and from your doctor’s office.

Passengers in vehicles and pedestrians struck by a vehicle are also covered under PIP.  If you have your own personal automobile insurance they will need to be contacted to set up a PIP claim.  If you do not own a vehicle you may still qualify for PIP coverage if you live with a relative who owns a vehicle and has automobile insurance.  If you do not own a vehicle, or live with a relative who does, you still qualify for Personal Injury Protection benefits from the vehicle you were traveling in or which struck you.

In most instances, we can help get you all of the medical treatment you need even if your automobile insurance has lapsed, you do not have health insurance, or your automobile insurance is limited in its coverage.

Medical Payment Insurance Coverage (Med-Pay”) is optional insurance coverage that can be carried in addition to PIP coverage.  Med-Pay covers medical costs for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.  If your insurance carrier pays out any money out your Med-Pay coverage, your insurance company has the right to place a lien against your claim and seek reimbursement at the conclusion of your case.

An experienced Florida Accident Attorney can assist you in making sure all of your medical bills related to an automobile accident are paid.  If you are a passenger or pedestrian an insurance carrier may attempt to deny you the PIP coverage you are entitled to.  Contact The Trial Professionals to speak with an attorney who can assist you with your claim.

When You Need the Services of a Florida Accident Attorney
 Call the Trial Pro Florida Accident Attorneys for a Confidential Consultation

Call 1-800-874-2577 Today!