Florida Flooding Attorney
The state of Florida has over 18.8 million residents, and 80 percent of them live or conduct business along or near its coastline. A significant portion of the remaining residents live and conduct business near many of the State's rivers and other inland floodplains. These residents and business are concerned about protecting their lives and property from future flooding. This is evidenced by the fact that 97 percent of all Florida communities participate in the National Flood Insurance Program.
As of September 23, 2011, there are over 2 million flood insurance policies in Florida which represents roughly 37 percent of total policies in effect nationwide. These policies equate to more than $469.5 billion dollars of insurance coverage. Since 1978, Floridians have received more than $3.6 billion dollars in flood insurance claim payments. While flood insurance does not stop the damage, it does provide owners with financial resources to help recover from flooding.
Contact one of our skilled Floridas flood damage Attorneys at the Trial Professionals to discuss:
- How to file a claim
- How the claim process works
- What's covered and what's not
- Whether the damage is covered under the terms of your policy
- How long you have to file a claim
- Whether your claim exceeds your deductible (the amount of loss you agree to pay before insurance kicks in)
- How long it will take to process the claim
- Whether you’ll need estimates for repairs